Below are two more healthy recipes for you to try out! These two are dinner meals but can be easily refrigerated and eaten as for lunch the next day as well.
Chicken, Rice, Vegetable Salad
2 cups chopped/shredded chicken [cooked in chicken or vegetable broth]
1 ½ cups brown rice [also cooked in broth]
2 ears white corn on cob [sliced off]
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 green onions chopped
12-16 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 jalapeno, diced fine
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
3 T. balsamic or cider vinegar
2 T. olive oil
1-2 tsp. cumin
Salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lime
Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix vinaigrette ingredients separately and then pour over salad. Refrigerate.
• 3 (6 ounce) packages garlic and herb [or parmesan] couscous mix
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 1 (5 ounce) jar pitted kalamata olives, halved
• 1 cup mixed bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange), diced
• 1 cucumber, sliced and then halved
• 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
• 1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
• 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette salad dressing
1. Cook couscous according to package directions. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool. Stir to break up clusters of couscous.
2. When the couscous has cooled to room temperature, mix in tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, cucumber, parsley, and feta. Gradually stir vinaigrette into couscous until you arrive at desired moistness.
Both recipes were delicious and satisfying, I highly recommend them. (The couscous salad was my favorite!).